Diagnostic tools are used to detect diseases and other medical conditions. Among others, we have the following tools onsite:
- A state-of-the-art digital X-ray machine, providing immediate viewing of radiographs
- An advanced blood-analysis instrument for quick on-site results
- An ultrasound to diagnose potential problems not found with X-ray
- BAER hearing test
- Up-to-date dental equipment with digital X-ray that is very similar to your own dentist
- EKG monitor to give us a picture of your pet’s heart rhythm, respiratory rate, pulse, and oxygenation.
- Tonometer to diagnose glaucoma in your pet
Soft Tissue Surgery and Orthopedics
Dr. Clark will perform surgeries including, lump removal, bladder stone removal, and many more soft tissue procedures. Dr. Clark also performs surgeries like patellar luxation repair and select other orthopedic procedures. We occasionally will refer patients to a specialist, if needed.
Spay and Neuter
Spaying or neutering your pet will help prevent accidental pregnancy, cancers, pyometra, and prostate disease, as well as decrease the amount of marking your pet may do. These impacts reduce the amount of homeless pets.
We perform these procedures Monday through Thursday.
This can be used to help control pain, reduce inflammation, increase mobility, and help speed recovery. Laser therapy uses light to accelerate the body’s natural healing processes. The laser beam is moved over the skin so that the light energy penetrates the tissue where it interacts with various molecules that improve the tissue’s ability to heal itself.
This is a technique that uses liquid nitrogen or nitrous oxide to freeze unwanted tissue, such as warts or moles. The tissue gets destroyed, taking up to 3 weeks to slough. This procedure can be done in an exam room as it is quick and causes very little discomfort to the pet during this process.
This procedure can be done by Dr. Clark on any breed whose standard allows ear crops, such as Boxers, Doberman Pinschers, Great Danes, Miniature Pinschers, Pit Bulls, and Schnauzers.